Compliance Services International (CSI) is the proud sponsor of the upcoming Society of Chemical Industry (SCI) and Fera Science Event:
Please plan to join and connect with Robin Blake, Senior Consultant with CSI who is part of the Organizing Committee for this event to be held Thursday 5 July 2018 at Fera Science Ltd, National Agri-food Innovation Campus, Sand Hutton, York, YO41 1LZ. Robin can be reached directly at (RBlake@complianceservices.com) or +44 (0)131 445 6080.
Per the event coordinators:
“There is currently an initiative to drive forward transitions in predictions of how the environment and its functioning will respond to chemical exposure, with a particular focus in the UK following the National Environment Research Council’s call for proposals entitled ‘Emerging Risks of Chemicals in the Environment’. This workshop is an opportunity to hear about some of the problems encountered and solutions proposed by those working in the field of aquatic risk assessment. One such solution is currently under development by Fera Science Ltd and the Centre for Crop Health and Protection (CHAP): the Innovate UK funded E-Flows Mesocosm – the first fully flow-through field scale mesocosm for higher tier risk assessments.”
- Dr. Rachel Benstead, Fera Science Ltd – The E-Flows Mesocosm – first fully flow-through field scale Mesocosm Facility
- Dr. Neil Boonham, University of Newcastle – eDNA as a method for monitoring environmental change
- Prof Gary Fones, University of Portsmouth – Passive sampling – an alternative approach for monitoring plant protection products and other chemicals in the aquatic environment
- Chris Taylor, Chemicals Regulation Division (CRD), HSE – Mesocosm studies and their use in pesticide regulatory risk assessments: A regulatory view point
- Dr. Dan Pickford, Syngenta – An industry viewpoint on the use and interpretation of mesocosm studies
Compliance Services International (CSI) is a leading regulatory consultancy providing innovative solutions for organizations faced with regulatory and environmental challenges. CSI’s experienced scientists and regulatory specialists in the USA and the EU provide innovative approaches to solving regulatory and environmental challenges – combining traditional sciences with developing technologies to deliver economically sensible and scientifically sound results. Whether we serve you in the field, laboratory, courtroom or boardroom, we apply our knowledge of regulatory guidelines and scientific principles to ensure your regulatory success.
For a complete list of events that CSI will be attending in 2018, please visit our Events page.