Compliance Services International (CSI) President / CEO Bernalyn McGaughey will be presenting at The American Mosquito Control Association (AMCA) Virtual Annual Meeting.
Presentation Tile: An approach to uniform labeling in implementing the outcome of FIFRA/ESA mosquitocide consultation
Abstract: This presentation will provide an update on AMCA’s discussions with the Environmental Protection Agency Office of Pesticide Programs (EPA OPP), the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and (potentially) the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS, together with USFWS, “the Services”) regarding the development of a model program in support of streamlined Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA)/Endangered Species Act (ESA) consultation for mosquito control products used by AMCA members (primarily, US Mosquito Control Districts). The goal is to (1) develop and have accepted a single labeling statement (or collection of statements) for ESA compliance that can be used on any FIFRA-registered pesticide with professional mosquitocide uses; (2) achieve a US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS)-accepted Best Management Practices (BMP) and preparedness guide or manual that sets AMCA-agreed standards for mosquito control while protecting ESA-listed species; and (3) obtain an EPA-accepted label mitigation statement reflecting goals (1) and (2). To do this, AMCA and its consultants have developed a conceptual outline of a national mosquito control consultation plan that can streamline FIFRA/ESA consultation. AMCA initiated discussion on this idea by meeting with EPA OPP and explaining the basic idea that a consistent label for professional-use mosquitocides can accommodate both EPA OPP’s concerns with the safe use of these products and the Services concern about protecting ESA-listed species.
If you would like to have a conversation regarding CSI’s global scientific, regulatory, and technical consulting services pertaining to any of the following industry service sectors, please contact Bernalyn (BMcGaughey@complianceservices.com), or call CSI directly (Tel: +1 253 473 9007).
- The AMCA Annual Meeting is the premier education and networking event for researchers, educators, vector control professionals, industry representatives, and students in mosquito control. Every year since 1938, hundreds gather to hear the latest research, share ideas and form collaborations. Our educational sessions and exhibit hall help to put attendees on the cutting-edge of this ever-expanding field!
Regulatory Consulting Services
Industry Sectors: Crop Protection, Antimicrobials / Biocides, Chemicals, Consumer / I&I Products, Animal Health, Human Pharmaceuticals
- USA and EU Pesticide Product Registration (Conventional, Antimicrobial/Biocide, Biopesticide, Registration Review, Data-Call In)
- State Registration / Renewals Management
- Product Label (Master and Production) & SDS Support
- Consumer and Industrial & Institutional (I&I) Product Support
- Applied Economic Research and Agricultural and Food Policy Economic Impact Analysis
Compliance Services International (CSI) is a leading regulatory consultancy providing innovative solutions for organizations faced with regulatory and environmental challenges. CSI’s experienced scientists and regulatory specialists in the USA and the EU provide innovative approaches to solving regulatory and environmental challenges – combining traditional sciences with developing technologies to deliver economically sensible and scientifically sound results. Whether we serve you in the field, laboratory, courtroom or boardroom, we apply our knowledge of regulatory guidelines and scientific principles to ensure your regulatory success.
For a complete list of events that CSI will be attending in 2021, please visit our Events page.